In case your Zenith bank ATM card gets stolen or compromised by an internet fraudster and you are looking for how to block Zenith bank ATM card so as to ensure that your money stays safe and no unwanted transactions are being carried out, then you can do that by following the instruction in this article.
Why should you disable your Zenith bank card?
However, apart from your Zenith bank card being stolen, they are other reasons why you may need to block your Zenith bank ATM card, some of those reasons may include”
- If it becomes trapped in an ATM.
- You fear its details have been exposed to a third party.
- You submit your payment card information on a phishing website.
- You become aware of any unlawful account debits in addition to your normal bank expenses.
The following methods below can help you achieve the goal of blocking your Zenith bank ATM card without having to even go to the bank.
Read also: How to Check Zenith Bank Account Balance
How to Disable/Block a Zenith Bank ATM Card if it is Lost or Stolen
Method 1: Block Zenith card using USSD code
This is the quickest way to disable your Zenith bank card. It’s simple since it simply takes a few steps with the help of a USSD code.
- Dial *966*60# and pick option 6 to disable your Zenith bank ATM card.
Zenith bank account should be blocked: Furthermore, you should immediately block your Zenith account to halt any financial operations temporarily. Look at the code below.
- Dial *966*911# from any mobile phone to suspend all debit transactions from your account.
- Enter your AlertZ mobile number first, followed by your account number.
- Press “1” to proceed and immediately block your account.
To unblock your account, go to any zenith bank office.
Method 2: Block Zenith card using the mobile app
Another quick and simple approach to immediately block your Zenith bank card is by using the Zenith mobile app for iOS and Android. Zenith Bank has updated its app with useful features to give consumers more control over their accounts.
It’s simple to use the app to disable your ATM card; here’s how:
- Launch the Zenith mobile app for iOS or Android.
- In the upper left corner of the program, click the “Menu icon.”
- Choose “Card,” then toggle the button to disable the linked ATM card.
But then, if you haven’t signed up for USSD or mobile app banking? you could be wondering if it is still possible to block your card, however, we have listed the steps to be taken for you below.
If you misplaced or lost your Zenith ATM card (Verve, Visa, or Master card), here is all Zenith’s contact information to apply for lost ATM card blockage.
Below are links to social media profiles, phone numbers, email addresses, and websites.
- ZenithDirect: 234(1) 4647000, 2787000, 2927000, or 0700-ATM-ZENITH; ATM Unit: 0700-286-936484, or 0700-CARD-ZENITH.
- CARD Unit (Telephone: 0700-2273-936484; Fax: 234(1) 2618212)
- Email: email@example.com.
- Website: www.zenithbank.com
- Why is My Emerald Card Being Declined
- How to Block Gtbank Atm Card
- How To Activate Gtbank Transfer Code Without Atm Card
- How to Block Fidelity Atm Card