Is your Laptop Battery Draining Fast ? and you are looking for a possible fix for it, then you have come to the right place because we will be discussing some of the possible reasons why your Laptop Battery Draining Fast and 8 proven ways to fix it too.
They are various reasons why your battery might degrade over time and start draining faster than it used to, one of such reasons could be overcharging and the rest of them. However, the Laptop brand you are using those not in any way have anything to do with how fast your battery gets drained out or so.
With that being said, whichever laptop brand you are using, be it Hp, Dell, or whichever that is experiencing fast battery drainage and you are searching the internet for the solution on how to fix your laptop battery draining fast which actually brought you here, you will get a solution here.
To summarize everything, what I am saying, in essence, is that every method listed and explained here can help fix your draining battery and increases its lasting time, so do well do carefully follow this guide till the end.
Main Reasons Your Laptop Battery is Draining Fast
Below are some of the reasons why your laptop battery could be draining fast.
- Your laptop’s display brightness is higher than its usual state
- Your laptop has a number of attachments.
- High-Performance mode on the laptop operation
- Numerous apps and programs are active in the background.
- Because you are using an editing program, you are using a laptop that consumes a lot of power.
- The LED keyboard is using up the battery far too quickly.
- A program or app isn’t operating properly.
- The battery drain is being brought on by altered system settings.
- Faulty firmware has been installed.
Now that you know some of the possible causes of draining laptop batteries. let us now look out for some of the best solutions and ways to fix it.
How to fix Laptop Battery Draining Fast in 8 Proven Ways
Below are some of the possible problems and how to fix laptop battery draining fast.
1. Screen Brightness
In case you didn’t know, the display is one of the key components of a device that consumes a lot of power. As a result, if your laptop battery is running out too rapidly, it is always a good idea to monitor your screen brightness. If the laptop needs to be set to the brightest settings, you can skip this step. However, if you’ve come to the conclusion that a bit less brightness is preferable to a shorter battery life, take the following actions:
- Go to Settings > System > Display
- Reduce the brightness to whichever level you want
2. Reduce The Number Of Network Connections
If your laptop is connected to numerous networks, the battery life may occasionally be compromised. Your network connections could be the cause of your laptop’s battery draining too quickly. To solve this issue, the subsequent steps must be taken:
- Go to Settings then click on Network Connections
- Click the Control panel to check if there are any currently active connections Network and the Internet
- Right-click and forget or disable any network you don’t want.
3. Turn Off Keyboard Backlight
It’s usually a good idea to turn off the keyboard backlight unless and until you actually need it, especially if your laptop’s battery is running low. In a dark room or when playing a game, you ought to use your keyboard’s backlight. When the keyboard is already readable, there is no need in leaving the backlight on because it drains your laptop’s battery. You may instantly turn off the keyboard backlight by locating the proper function button on the keyboard or by going to the settings menu.
4. Adjust Laptop Power Settings
It’s possible that a new piece of software or application altered the power settings on your laptop, leading to excessive battery usage. To solve this issue, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Settings then System and Power & Sleep
- Adjust the settings for sleep and screen time
- Ensure your laptop power plan is intended for conserving the battery
5. Remove Unwanted Peripherals
It’s possible that the several external devices your laptop is attached to are what’s causing the high battery drain. To get around this problem, simply unplug any external peripherals that you don’t truly need, such as a wireless mouse, Bluetooth speaker, CD/DVD player, USB drive, and more. Simply right-click on the device icon in the taskbar or in the system settings to safely uninstall the device. You may easily disconnect all of those Bluetooth-connected gadgets by simply turning them off or disabling Bluetooth on your laptop.
6. End Unnecessary Backgrounds Tasks/Programs
While you are using your laptop and concentrating on a certain task or application, a number of unwanted apps and programs can be running in the background, draining your laptop’s precious battery without doing you any good. To overcome this problem, the following steps must be taken:
- Go to Settings then Privacy and Background Apps
- Check your running background apps and disable the once you aren’t using at the moment.
7. Close Unwanted Processes
Similar to background-running apps, your laptop can be executing a variety of pointless tasks in the background that are consuming battery life. You can halt each of these unwanted processes using the Task Manager. Here’s how to make it happen:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del or Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab
- Click on the process or application that isn’t needed at the moment and click End Task
8. Turn Off Bluetooth And Wi-Fi
Because Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections are known to cause your laptop’s battery to deplete considerably more quickly than they would otherwise, it is typically best to turn them off when not required. You may also conserve bandwidth, increase productivity by removing pop-up notifications, and perhaps protect your laptop from online risks by turning off your Wi-Fi when not in use.
If none of these tips help your laptop’s battery last longer, the battery may have significantly deteriorated. To fix this problem, a new battery must be installed.
A laptop battery draining fast is something that nobody will probably like because if you don’t have constant light, you might not be able to be completing your daily projects and tasks you needed your laptop for.
However, this is why we have decided to write this article to provide a solution to such a problem, and in this article, we have listed the best 8 ways to fix a laptop battery draining fast. However, if the 8 methods we have listed don’t work for you, then it is time to change your battery.