We cannot deny the fact that as technology is developing, cybercrime is also developing as cybercriminals are coming up with more technologies and devices to make their work easier. This is the same case with your bank. If for any reason, you feel like your Access bank account has been accessed by an unauthorized person, you can follow the steps in this article to immediately block it.
After blocking it, you can visit the nearest Access bank near you to get the issue resolved and get your account reactivated. The purpose of blocking it is to prevent the authorized person from performing transactions with your account
What Does It Mean To Block an Account or ATM?
When you block your account or ATM card, it simply means that you are deactivating your bank account or your card may be to prevent any unauthorized access and illegal transfer and use of your money.
Possible Reasons To Block An Account
You can block or deactivate your account or debit card for these reasons:
- If your phone, sim card, or ATM card is missing or stolen
- If the phone is being used by another for a transaction not originating from you
- If your ATM card details and PIN has been exposed and used by unauthorized persons
How To Block An Access Bank Account
Using a USSD code for activities like blocking an account or debit card is one of the fastest and easiest means for an account holder to safeguard his funds and identity. To block your Access Bank account with the USSD code:
- Dial *901*11# from any phone number,
- Follow the instructions and provide the phone number you used in registering the account
- Complete the task by providing your USSD PIN
Note: Owners of blocked accounts aren’t able to use their money in that account as much or as freely as they’d want. Therefore, even if you can block the account from your phone, in order to unblock it, you must go to the bank.
Can I Block My Access Bank Account Online?
Your Access Bank account cannot be closed or blocked online. The *901*911# USSD code from Access Bank is only available as a quick and simple solution to block your account. If the aforementioned code is unsuccessful, your only other option for blocking your account is to go to any Access Bank location and file a complaint and maybe block the account there.
Access Bank also has a WhatsApp banking number that you may use to contact them: +234 9090 901 901. You can now use WhatsApp to communicate with Access bank customer service representatives.
Other Access bank Contact Center helplines include 07003000000, 01-2802500, 01-2712005-7 and listen for the self-service option.
How To Block Your Access Bank ATM Card
The benefit of blocking your ATM card is that it ensures that the money in your account is safe and cannot be withdrawn by a third party. You don’t want to take any chances with your money, so you need to act right now. Additionally, Access Bank has made it simple for its customers to disable any of their stolen ATM cards. You must, however, fulfill the appropriate conditions in order to do this.
Requirements for Access Bank ATM Card Blocking
- Have Access Bank Mobile App or register for Access Bank mobile or internet banking.
- Remember your mobile bank “Username and Password.
- Have your Authentication PIN or Access Bank Token.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Block Your Access Bank ATM Card
- Open the Access bank mobile app on your smartphone.
- Enter your Username and Password
- Click on “Login” to sign in
- Once you are logged into your account, locate “Cards & Cheques” and click on it,
- Click on “Manage Cards”
- Click on “Block”
- Enter your PIN/token to block your ATM card instantly
Alternative Ways to Block Your Access Bank ATM Card
In case for any reason, the aforementioned method of blocking your ATM card was not successful, there is an alternative option you may want to try:
- Reach the Access Bank Customer Care agent by calling the following telephone numbers: +234 12712005, +234 12802500.
- You can also call Access Bank Toll-free number: 07002255222377; Request for ATM card block and provide every detail the customer Care agent may require.
- Once you have proven that you are the card’s true owner, your ATM card will be blocked instantly.
Can I Unblock My Access Bank ATM?
In case you were lucky enough to get back your lost debit card, it is possible to unblock or reactivate it if you meet the requirements.
Requirements To Unblock An Access Bank ATM Card?
Below are things needed to unblock your Access Bank ATM:
- Your full name as it appears in your bank profile
- Mobile phone number linked to your account.
- Your Access Bank account number
Steps To Unblock Your Access Bank ATM Card Online
Having all the aforementioned requirements at hand, you can follow these steps to reactivate your debit card:
- Visit any Access Bank branch near your house,
- Consult a customer care agent
- You will be given an Access bank ATM unblock form
- Fill-in your details that include:
- The access bank branch name
- Enter your “Full name” in order of surname, maiden name, and first name
- Your mobile phone number.”
- Provide your account name and number
- Tick “Card Found” at the unblock section on the form.
- Append your signature and submit the form to the agent
- Your ATM card will be unblocked shortly after the form has been reviewed.
How Long Will It Take To Unblock An Access Bank ATM Card?
The process of reactivating a blocked ATM card does not take very long. Your card will be unblocked 24 hours after you submit a form to seek ATM unblocking. In incredibly unusual circumstances, it could take longer to finish.