You cannot overemphasize the importance of having a current account as business personnel. However, the process of creating one might be a little complicated and time-consuming, which is what business owners don’t really have.
Aside from needing a current account for your business, most businesses do not want to pay the high charges that come with operating a current account. However, this is where Brass Digital bank comes in.
If you’re looking to know everything about Brass Digital bank, how to create an account, how it works, and every other thing, you have to carefully read this article till the end because we will provide all the information you need about Brass bank in this article.
What is Brass and Brass Banking
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) can access basic current account services from Brass Digital Bank, a fully digitalized new-age bank, for little to no account fees.
In addition to providing standard banking services, Brass helps the businesses it supports with commercial-grade analytical tools and connectors that enable business owners to have a clear image of and control over their finances (in collaboration with Bancorp MFB & FCMB).
How to Open a Brass Account
Compared to creating a bank account using the normal banking procedure, especially a Current account, the process of creating a Brass digital bank account is very easy and straightforward.
Below is a step by steps guide on how to open a Brass account and start using it immediately for your business and business transaction.
- Visit Brass’ Sign Up Page or
- Download Brass for your device here:
- Tap Open Account
- Enter your personal details (First name, last name, business name, email, phone number)
- Create your password
- Click Open Account
- A verification email is sent to your registered email. Verify the account using the OTP.
- Once done, enter the company type (LLC, NGO, Partnership, or Sole Proprietorship)
- Enter owner/director information
- Input the business documentation (BN/RC Number, TIN, utility bill, scanned copies of the CAC document)
- Review and Submit
How to Login to your Brass Account
After creating an account through the Brass digital banking website, the next thing you would want to do is to log in and start using your account, to do that, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Brass official website
- From the homepage, click on the login
- Fill in your login details
- Click on the login button below and you’ll be logged into your account.
What Services are Offered at Brass?
- Expense management
- Zero account maintenance current account
- Credit facilities
- Payroll services
- Third-party analytical service – Sage, Slack, Quickbooks, and Zapier
- Inventory management
- Create instant or scheduled payments
- ATM card services (issued by Sterling Bank)
- USD balance and transfer ..and so on
Below are some questions asked by users intending to use the Brass Digital banking space and the possible answers to each of them.
Who can open an account at Brass?
Sole proprietorships, NGOs, partnerships, and Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
What do I need to open an account with Brass?
All you need to open an account with Brass is a valid issued government-issued ID, BVN, contact details, and CAC documents,
What are the charges on Brass Current Accounts?
Brass runs a zero-charge current account for businesses which is why many business owners use it. All transactions are done at 0.00. However, you still have to pay a little fee which is your SMS alerts fee because that is statutory.
Can Brass give me a business loan?
Yes. However, before you can get a loan from Brass, you must have been an active user for about r6 months and above with access to credit facilities without collateral.
First-time borrowers have a maximum tenor of 1 month, while returning borrowers may take a loan for a maximum of 3 months.
Is Brass safe?
Brass has Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) as an extra level of security after your password. You can connect your Brass account to OTP apps like Google Authenticator or Authy.
How can I contact Brass?
- Their physical officer is located at 21B, Modupe Odulami Street, Oniru, Lagos.
- Call 01-700-2000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brass digital bank is one of the best online banking platforms that enabled business owners to create and run a Current account with zero fee monthly charges compared to owning a current account with a physical bank.
The platform is reliable and trustworthy as you can contact their customer care using the customer care line and email listed above if you encounter any problem using the platform.
We hope this guide was helpful and has been able to provide you with the answers to all your questions regarding Brass Digital bank.