Hymn 003 - Awake, my soul, and with the sun
Awake psaltery and harp, I myself will awake early. Ps. 108:2
- f Awake, my soul, and with the sun
Thy daily stage of duty run;
Shake off dull sloth, and joyful rise
To pay thy morning sacrifice
- Thy precious time mis-spent redeem;
Each present day thy last esteem;
Improve thy talent with due care;
For the great day thyself prepare.
- mf Let all thy converse be sincere,
Thy conscience as the noontide clear;
Thing how all seeing God thy ways
And all thy secret thoughts surveys
- By influence of the light Divine
Let thy own light to others shine;
Reflect all Heav'n's propitious rays
In ardent love and cheerful praise.
- f Wake and lift up thyself, my heart,
And with the angles bear thy part,
Who all night long unwearied sing
High praise to the eternal King.
- f I wake, I wake, ye heav'nly choir
May your devotion me inspire,
That I, like you, my age may spend,
Like you may on my God attend.